Yonsei University Korean Language Institute (http://www.yskli.com/)
The Korean Language Institute was established on April 1st, 1959 as the first institute to provide intensive Korean language courses. The KLI not only has been offering Korean culture but also played a role introducing Korean culture and history through its language training to students, missionaries and diplomats.
All teachers are experienced and specially trained to teach Korean to non-native speakers.
The attentive KLI staff continually work towards providing an enriched environment for their students.
Today, the KLI has turned into a large-scale institute where 140 instructors
teach approximately 1,700 students per term. 5,543 students
have graduated from KLI in the past 52 years and total of 90,113 students
from 141 countries have studied Korean at KLI.
KLI students come from all over the world and
from all walks of life. The result is a lively, international mix
of students who provide a stimulating environment for learning
the Korean language. This environment provides many opportunities
for diverse discussions and cross-cultural exchange
that promote conversation skills and make for a better understanding of each other.
Yonsei University Korean Language Institute provides six programs as such;
- Regular program: 10 weeks / 20 hours per week / morning and afternoon session /
1,680,000 won (+ 60,000 for admission fee)
- Evening program: 10 weeks / 9 hours per week / 3 days a week (evening time) /
788,000 won (+ 60,000 for admission fee)
- Advanced program: 10 weeks / 10 hours per week / 2 hours a day (afternoon time)
- Summer special program: 5 weeks / 20 hours per week / morning session /
1,622,000 won (excludes housing 810,000won)
** afternoon special activity (2 hours a day, 2 days a week) + optional 3 day field trip(448,000 won)
- 3-week program: 3 weeks / 20 hours per week / morning class /
940,000 won (+ 60,000 for admission fee)
** afternoon special activity (2 hours a day, one day a week)
- The university Korean program / 6weeks per term / 7 hours a day + 10 hours of TOPIK test class / Mon – Fri (9 to 17) /
1,600,000 won (+ 60,000 for admission fee)
– this program is mainly for students studying at Korean universities or are planning to take academic courses.